Criminal Defense Lawyer
A criminal charge has the potential to affect your life and liberty. When these valuable interests are at stake, it is critical to seek the protection and guidance of a committed, qualified Criminal Defense Lawyer. Casanova Law has the passion and experience to fight for your rights and freedoms.
A DUI conviction carries mandatory penalties that include adjudication, probation, and heavy fines. Casanova Law understands the significance of a DUI arrest and knows the strategies to fight for the best possible result. In some cases, this can mean reduced charges or even dismissal.
Traffic Tickets Lawyer
DON’T PAY THAT TICKET. Payment will result in an automatic conviction and points on your license. Even a seemingly minor traffic infraction can become a huge problem for your driving record. Contact Casanova Law to find out how hiring a Traffic Lawyer can fight to avoid the consequences.
Obtaining or changing your legal status in this country is a difficult but worthwhile task. Status offers numerous advantages, including peace of mind. Immigration Law Firm – Casanova Law can guide you through this process, whether you wish to become a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or temporary visitor.
Personalized Solutions for Each and Every Case
Every person is different. Every situation is unique and requires an individualized solution. At Casanova Law, we seek personalized solutions for each and every case.
We provide our clients located in Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Stuart, and all of South Florida with personalized service and work to find a solution based on their circumstances.
It takes a Casanova to deal with trouble.
Why Choose Casanova Law?
Along with our personal service guarantee, here’s what sets us apart from our competitors:
Our leading attorney Lourdes Casanova is fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese. Her trilingual ability gives her an advantage over many other criminal defense lawyers who do not speak multiple languages.
Dual Practice Areas
Many individuals who need a lawyer to defend criminal charges also need immigration assistance. At Casanova Law, we have extensive knowledge in both areas of criminal defense and immigration law.
Experience As a Prosecutor
Prior to opening Casanova Law, our founding Attorney Lourdes Casanova was a former prosecutor at the Palm Beach State Attorney’s Office. During her tenure, she litigated hundreds of felony, misdemeanor, and DUI cases and conducted over 40 trials — an accomplishment many of her competitors cannot attest to.
At Casanova Law, we take pride in our constant communication with our clients, keeping them informed during every stage of their case.
Our Latest Blogs
- You down with VOP? (No, you DON’T know me.) - TIPS FOR AVOIDING OR MITIGATING A VIOLATION OF PROBATION Probation is both a blessing and a curse. On the plus side, it functions as an alternative resolution to jail time, restricting the defendant’s liberty with conditions rather than metal bars. The downside is that the possibility of jail still looms over the probationer for the period of supervision, ready to take shape upon an alleged violation of probation (VOP). A violation of probation can have […]
- Forgot about DRAI? What you need to know about the Detention Risk Assessment Instrument in Juvenile Criminal Cases. - Juvenile criminal cases, known as delinquency proceedings, are arguably tougher than adult charges due to the intricacy of each proceeding, the number of parties involved, and the special rules in place. Among the added complications of a juvenile case is the presence of the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ), the state agency in Florida that operates juvenile detention centers and other aspects of the juvenile justice system, such as probation supervision, health screenings, and residential […]
- TOP 5 QUESTIONS (AND ANSWERS!) ABOUT CRIMINAL CASES - KNOWLEDGE IS POWER As our criminal defense law firm enters its 6th year, we continue fulfilling our solemn responsibility to protect our community and our constitution. For most people – especially those without a prior record – a criminal arrest is the start of a deeply distressing experience that consumes the accused with anxiety, frustration, and confusion. It is our job to not only provide a strong defense against the government, but also to empower […]
- Monster Modification – The Goliath Grouper - On May 12, 2021, The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) met to discuss a myriad of topics that affect the South Florida area. Among the points of discussion, a major proposal made the agenda – to lift the 31-year ban on harvesting the Atlantic Goliath Grouper. A divided FWC board ultimately voted in favor of taking steps to remove some of the protections on goliaths. Specifically, the board directed the crafting of regulation that […]
- Casanova Law Featured in VoyageMIA’s Bounce Back Strong Campaign - Casanova Law is honored to be featured alongside several other amazing small businesses in the “Bounce Back Strong Campaign.” The BBS Campaign highlights small businesses that continue to serve the public throughout the pandemic.
- Attorney Casanova Serves as Panelist in Live Webinar for the Palm Beach County Bar Association - Attorney Lourdes Maria Casanova was one of four members of a diverse panel chosen by the Palm Beach County Bar Association for a discussion titled, “The Art of Cross Examinations,” a live webinar for the Young Lawyers Section Sidebar Series. Casanova, a criminal defense and immigration attorney, presented on the topics of preparing to cross examine a witness, tackling expert witnesses, preparing your own witness for cross examination, and how to be the most effective […]