Criminal Defense Lawyer
A criminal charge has the potential to affect your life and liberty. When these valuable interests are at stake, it is critical to seek the protection and guidance of a committed, qualified Criminal Defense Lawyer. Casanova Law has the passion and experience to fight for your rights and freedoms.
A DUI conviction carries mandatory penalties that include adjudication, probation, and heavy fines. Casanova Law understands the significance of a DUI arrest and knows the strategies to fight for the best possible result. In some cases, this can mean reduced charges or even dismissal.
Traffic Tickets Lawyer
DON’T PAY THAT TICKET. Payment will result in an automatic conviction and points on your license. Even a seemingly minor traffic infraction can become a huge problem for your driving record. Contact Casanova Law to find out how hiring a Traffic Lawyer can fight to avoid the consequences.
Obtaining or changing your legal status in this country is a difficult but worthwhile task. Status offers numerous advantages, including peace of mind. Immigration Law Firm – Casanova Law can guide you through this process, whether you wish to become a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or temporary visitor.
Personalized Solutions for Each and Every Case
Every person is different. Every situation is unique and requires an individualized solution. At Casanova Law, we seek personalized solutions for each and every case.
We provide our clients located in Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Stuart, and all of South Florida with personalized service and work to find a solution based on their circumstances.
It takes a Casanova to deal with trouble.
Why Choose Casanova Law?
Along with our personal service guarantee, here’s what sets us apart from our competitors:
Our leading attorney Lourdes Casanova is fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese. Her trilingual ability gives her an advantage over many other criminal defense lawyers who do not speak multiple languages.
Dual Practice Areas
Many individuals who need a lawyer to defend criminal charges also need immigration assistance. At Casanova Law, we have extensive knowledge in both areas of criminal defense and immigration law.
Experience As a Prosecutor
Prior to opening Casanova Law, our founding Attorney Lourdes Casanova was a former prosecutor at the Palm Beach State Attorney’s Office. During her tenure, she litigated hundreds of felony, misdemeanor, and DUI cases and conducted over 40 trials — an accomplishment many of her competitors cannot attest to.
At Casanova Law, we take pride in our constant communication with our clients, keeping them informed during every stage of their case.
Our Latest Blogs
- 5 Things You Should Know About Legal Fees in Criminal Defense and Immigration Cases - Much too often, attorney-client relationships strain – or never form – due to money. It may be that an existing client did not anticipate additional costs beyond the initial representation fee; or, a potential client may not see the value of hiring a lawyer in the first place. Regardless of the reason for concern, money is a common barrier between attorney and client. This is particularly true for criminal defense and immigration cases, where attorneys […]
- Heat Hazards: The Physical and Legal Dangers of Leaving Your Child or Pet Unattended in a Vehicle - Florida – the “sunshine state” known for its tropical climate – is one of the most popular destinations, for retirees and vacationers alike. In the winter, “snowbirds” travel to Florida to avoid harsh winters. For those who live in Florida year-round, summer is okay too; Florida natives have learned to tolerate Florida’s high heat indexes and humidity in exchange for living in paradise. Unfortunately, along with high temperatures come accidents and corresponding heat-related criminal charges. […]
- Immigration in 2020: Despite the Challenges, Don’t Give Up - 2020 has been a tough year for the United States (and the rest of the world), with an unrelenting pandemic, a struggling economy, and – for us Floridians – the threat of hurricane season. Most of us have had to make sacrifices and adjustments to our daily routine, and our new normal consists of remote conferences, reduced social activity, and nasal swabs. For immigrants, the uncertainty and frustration is ten-fold. Not only do immigrants face […]
- Attorney Casanova Serves as Panelist in Live Webinar for the Palm Beach County Bar Association - Attorney Lourdes Maria Casanova was one of four members of a diverse panel chosen by the Palm Beach County Bar Association for a discussion titled, “The Art of Cross Examinations,” a live webinar for the Young Lawyers Section Sidebar Series. Casanova, a criminal defense and immigration attorney, presented on the topics of preparing to cross examine a witness, tackling expert witnesses, preparing your own witness for cross examination, and how to be the most effective […]
- Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – Continuing Legal Education – Jan. 29th, 2020 - Lourdes Casanova, attended the Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, mental health CLE (Continuing Legal Education) on January 29, 2020 at the West Palm Beach Courthouse. The conference dove into the vicarious traumatization in criminal defense attorneys and its effects. Attorney Casanova attends CLEs in order to keep informed of new and changing laws and studies. She is able to apply these substantive concepts in her practice at Casanova Law, P.A.
- Village of Royal Palm Beach Advisory Board – Feb. 10th, 2020 - Attorney Lourdes Casanova, a former student at Crestwood Middle School, proudly attended the Village of Royal Palm Beach Advisory Board on February 10, 2020 to speak about the impact Crestwood Middle School had on her life and career. Attorney Casanova spoke fondly about her middle school experiences, recalling that she decided to become an attorney during her 7th grade English class. A local attorney raised in Royal Palm Beach, Casanova runs her own law firm, […]