Criminal Defense Lawyer
A criminal charge has the potential to affect your life and liberty. When these valuable interests are at stake, it is critical to seek the protection and guidance of a committed, qualified Criminal Defense Lawyer. Casanova Law has the passion and experience to fight for your rights and freedoms.
A DUI conviction carries mandatory penalties that include adjudication, probation, and heavy fines. Casanova Law understands the significance of a DUI arrest and knows the strategies to fight for the best possible result. In some cases, this can mean reduced charges or even dismissal.
Traffic Tickets Lawyer
DON’T PAY THAT TICKET. Payment will result in an automatic conviction and points on your license. Even a seemingly minor traffic infraction can become a huge problem for your driving record. Contact Casanova Law to find out how hiring a Traffic Lawyer can fight to avoid the consequences.
Obtaining or changing your legal status in this country is a difficult but worthwhile task. Status offers numerous advantages, including peace of mind. Immigration Law Firm – Casanova Law can guide you through this process, whether you wish to become a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or temporary visitor.
Personalized Solutions for Each and Every Case
Every person is different. Every situation is unique and requires an individualized solution. At Casanova Law, we seek personalized solutions for each and every case.
We provide our clients located in Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, Stuart, and all of South Florida with personalized service and work to find a solution based on their circumstances.
It takes a Casanova to deal with trouble.
Why Choose Casanova Law?
Along with our personal service guarantee, here’s what sets us apart from our competitors:
Our leading attorney Lourdes Casanova is fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese. Her trilingual ability gives her an advantage over many other criminal defense lawyers who do not speak multiple languages.
Dual Practice Areas
Many individuals who need a lawyer to defend criminal charges also need immigration assistance. At Casanova Law, we have extensive knowledge in both areas of criminal defense and immigration law.
Experience As a Prosecutor
Prior to opening Casanova Law, our founding Attorney Lourdes Casanova was a former prosecutor at the Palm Beach State Attorney’s Office. During her tenure, she litigated hundreds of felony, misdemeanor, and DUI cases and conducted over 40 trials — an accomplishment many of her competitors cannot attest to.
At Casanova Law, we take pride in our constant communication with our clients, keeping them informed during every stage of their case.
Our Latest Blogs
- DACA – What it is, and What it isn’t - Our immigration law firm receives calls daily from young, hard-working immigrants – and their parents – inquiring about the newly reinstated DACA program. The buzz surrounding DACA comes from its many legal challenges and accompanying press coverage triggered by the Trump administration’s decision to rescind the program in 2017. Since the issuance of the DHS memorandum rescinding DACA, courts have been hearing arguments for and against the move. The litigation has made it difficult for […]
- Sink or Swim: What you Need to know About Boating Under the Influence (BUI) - Picture the perfect day – sunny skies, a boat, and the fresh ocean breeze. An alcoholic beverage might just feel like the cherry on top of an already-amazing experience. For recreational boaters, drinking and boating may intuitively go hand in hand. It seems harmless in the open sea, and certainly enjoyable. For those who view boating as a trade or business, the temptation to drink may come from the need to relax after a long […]
- 5 Things You Should Know about No Contact Orders - If you were recently arrested or received a Notice to Appear in criminal court, your first priority may correctly be to look for a criminal defense attorney and begin preparing your defense. You may be thinking about the ultimate goal: a jury trial, a plea, or – better yet – a way to get your case dismissed. While we applaud and encourage a forward-looking approach to criminal defense, it is equally important to focus on […]
- Casanova Law Featured in VoyageMIA’s Bounce Back Strong Campaign - Casanova Law is honored to be featured alongside several other amazing small businesses in the “Bounce Back Strong Campaign.” The BBS Campaign highlights small businesses that continue to serve the public throughout the pandemic.
- Attorney Casanova Serves as Panelist in Live Webinar for the Palm Beach County Bar Association - Attorney Lourdes Maria Casanova was one of four members of a diverse panel chosen by the Palm Beach County Bar Association for a discussion titled, “The Art of Cross Examinations,” a live webinar for the Young Lawyers Section Sidebar Series. Casanova, a criminal defense and immigration attorney, presented on the topics of preparing to cross examine a witness, tackling expert witnesses, preparing your own witness for cross examination, and how to be the most effective […]
- Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – Continuing Legal Education – Jan. 29th, 2020 - Lourdes Casanova, attended the Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, mental health CLE (Continuing Legal Education) on January 29, 2020 at the West Palm Beach Courthouse. The conference dove into the vicarious traumatization in criminal defense attorneys and its effects. Attorney Casanova attends CLEs in order to keep informed of new and changing laws and studies. She is able to apply these substantive concepts in her practice at Casanova Law, P.A.